Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dandy Buck....


I've always thought that was a funny saying...pure country and kinda corny too.
But when I saw this fella I said:"..Now thats a dandy buck"!

I was fly fishing thru the predictable afternoon thunder-storms yesterday along the Gallatin and waited-out two pretty nasty ones on shore complete with viscious lighting; but cared little I'd be struck.
I was confident it would get better once it stopped and it did too. I even saw a double rainbow, but didn't freak out too much. I also, after a few thousand roll-casts, managed to land a couple small rainbows of the fishy type on attractor-patterns; and then grew tired and headed up toward the truck.

....

I'd told myself, and anyone I felt like it recently, that upon quitting my job:
"I was destined to fish every day for the next 30 to 40"; and I intend to keep that promise (...headed out in about an hour here in fact).

....

When I got ready to pullout onto the highway I glanced up onto a slope and saw a group of bucks feeding in the setting sun, then grabbed my binos for a closer look?

"Holy Cow..."!


This was no national park either and a very much hunted group of deer, but in the Summer they let their guard down a bit it seems; and I was able to sneak pretty close for these shots (in soggy waders and felt boots no less).


He was content to just munch away on the grasses at his feet, but in my attempt to get him to raise his head for more pics, my 'grunts' only boogered him up and over the hill instead.

"%#@*"


He was kind enough to stop and give me one last look-see though; and I snapped a final pic of him before heading home.

Yup, another great day here in Montana...cant complain.


Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment