Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lower Madison....


Calm before the Storm...


I lifted the suspension on Tom after only one week because honestly we get along as good or better than most of the other guys I float with.
Granted he's young enough to be my son, but I'm immature enough we sound like brothers...


...That and after learning the oars right there with me (on over a dozen trips this season); he now rows better than any of the others' so far combined.








The storm was coming and a major one at that, but I thought we might be able to sneak in a short float on the Lower Maddy and went for it...





We did surprisingly well, given what we were up against weather-wise; and in just 2.5hours before we took out.


It wasnt the cold as bad as the wind and rain combined, along with a ramp that was closed (Cherry Creek, which is being modernized apparently); and having to make-do by pulling out at a primitive campsite instead. Plus wanting to get home before the snow really set in that evening.

Not surprisngly however, when I awoke the following day the mountains surrounding my home were, and are still, now blanketed in the thick white stuff; and its not likely it'll be melting anytime soon.

..Oh well, I enjoyed the heck out of this past Summer fishing as much as I did; I knew it wouldn't last forever, but thankfully 'the memories will'.


Moe
.

No comments:

Post a Comment