Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Elk, Elk, and even more Elk.....


I dont think I'll ever get tired of seeing these dudes do their thing or hear their screams either...


While I'd like to set up camp and just take pics of these bulls every night a guy's gotta work (I found a new job)..; plus I gotta hunt and fish in between, but will be up there every 3 days from here on out after work to get more footage (so keep checking back).


I'll admit that fence was a bummer in the foreground, but he just wouldn't jump it till his cows did first. My poor attempts to use my cow call only spooked him and spooked him bad (he actually ran away).

"#@%*"


His' cows and calves however, seemed gald to be rid of him and all jumped the fence and barely paid me any nevermind.


One even began nursing her calf right in front of me.


Eventually the dude entered the field and within minutes forgot all about me over behind the bushes. He even went about bugling and getting pretty aroused I might add..(I hope thats piss?)


He then chased a hot cow into the bottom and they did their thing. I've yet to capture the act itself, but intend too.


...I know this is gonna sound crazy but there were 7 bulls up on the hillside screaming their heads off and well over a hundred elk in all; in less than a 40 acre area. While a couple sparred pretty good too, they were just too far off for good pictures.

I figure this is the seasonal meeting place for nearly every elk in the Bridgers and its no secret they're here either; as a half-dozen other photographers/spectators were parked nearby.

Still, the fact this unique spectacle is less than 16 miles from my home (10 from Bozeman); makes it easy to get too before the sun sets.

As long as the show lasts I intend to capture it every chance I get.

Stay tuned...

Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment